Contact: Det. Tim Mueller
  (618) 489-2130

On March 19, 2012 at approximately 11:00 am, the deceased body of a Caucasian, adult female was discovered by the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Department in the 1700 block of North 62nd Street, Washington Park.  Positive identification of the body was made and it is confirmed to be Jessica M. Williams (30 years old) of Collinsville, Illinois who was reported missing to the Madison County Sheriff’s Department on March 8th, 2012.  Initially the cause of death was unclear and investigators were uncertain if she had died at this location or if her body was delivered there. 

                The Washington Park Police Department requested the assistance of the Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis, which was activated at approximately 4:45pm.   To accommodate the number of investigators and to center the investigation amongst the possible leads the Major Case Squad command post was designated at the Fairview Heights Police Department.

                During the course of the investigation it was discovered through toxicology results the victim, Jessica M. Williams, died of a drug overdose.  Investigators learned her death occurred at 20 Kassing Drive, Fairview Heights and that her body was moved to the location where she was discovered in Washington Park. 

                Investigators were able to identify two suspects believed to be responsible for moving Williams' body in an attempt to conceal her death.  Those two individuals were Douglas Oliver and Deborah Perkins.  

On 09/04/12, St Clair County State Attorney, Brendan Kelly's office issued warrants of arrest, charging;

Douglas W Oliver II

M/B 46 y.o.a.

20 Kassing Drive

Fairview Heights, IL


Deborah A Perkins

F/B 64 y.o.a.

20 Kassing Drive

Fairview Heights, IL

 with Concealment of a Homicidal Death and Concealment of a Death.   Bond was set in the amount of $150,000 each.  Oliver was taken into custody at his home without incident and remains in custody at the Fairview Heights Police Department.  Perkins was not at home at the time of Oliver's arrest and remains at large.

At the completion of the Major Case Squad investigation, Detectives from the Fairview Heights Police Department continued the investigation until these charges were obtained. 

*All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty.